Welcome to Uplands Community Primary School
I am delighted to welcome you to Uplands Community Primary School's website.
Uplands is a small, very inclusive primary school of just over 100 children right in the heart of Stroud; a bit like a village school in the town where everyone knows everyone.
Our school motto is: Be kind - Be Yourself - Be Part of our Community
To achieve this, we aim to:
- ensure that each child comes to learn in an inclusive, happy and safe environment where they are cared for and encouraged to do their best;
- enable each child to explore their unique strengths and achieve their highest all-round educational potential through our creative and varied curriculum;
- use our own ‘big ideas’ of environment, changes, relationships, diversity, similarities and differences to enable children to grow with a sense of pride in themselves, their school and wider community;
- provide opportunities for each child to acquire the skills, knowledge and resilience to thrive in an ever-changing world;
- work in partnership with each child and their family so that there is a climate of mutual respect and a shared passion for lifelong learning;
- enable each child to shine and ensure that teaching and learning are the best that they can be.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting.
Mr James Powell