Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
MOTTO: Be Kind - Be Yourself- Be Part of our Community
Our vision is to build a community at Uplands Primary School where children are empowered, through high quality education, to enrich their lives and the lives of those around them, based on the principles of being kind and considerate, valuing the uniqueness of each individual and playing a full part in a wider community.
To achieve this, we aim to:
- ensure that each child comes to learn in an inclusive, happy and safe environment where they are cared for and encouraged to do their best;
- enable each child to explore their unique strengths and achieve their highest all-round educational potential through our creative and varied curriculum;
- use our own ‘big ideas’ of environment, changes, relationships, diversity, similarities and differences to enable children to grow with a sense of pride in themselves, their school and wider community;
- provide opportunities for each child to acquire the skills, knowledge and resilience to thrive in an ever-changing world;
- work in partnership with each child and their family so that there is a climate of mutual respect and a shared passion for lifelong learning;
- enable each child to shine and ensure that teaching and learning are the best that they can be.