Welcome to Kestrels!
Teacher – Mrs Tedaldi-Chestnutt (Monday-Thursday)/ Mr Powell (Friday)
TA – Mrs Giles (Mornings)
TA – Mrs Harvey (Monday – Wednesday Mornings)
In Kestrels class we encourage independence, creativity and confidence. Our aim is to inspire children to be the best they can be whilst learning and having fun. Please feel free to come and speak to us if you have any questions or queries.
- Homework in Kestrels is to play Times Table Rockstar. Each child will have their own log on for the game and should play it at least five games a week (but the more the better!). This is checked every Tuesday evening. If they have not played the game in the last week, they will be encouraged to do so during a playtime or a lunchtime.
- Children are expected to read out loud four times in a week. This must be signed in their reading diaries by an adult or older sibling.
- It is your child’s responsibility to take their diary to and from school.
- Diaries are checked on a Monday.
- If they have read at least four times a week, then they are rewarded with an extra playtime in the afternoon. If they haven't read at least four times that week, then they will use this extra playtime as an opportunity to catch up on their reading.
- Every Thursday and Friday your child will have PE.
- They will need: shorts or joggers, daps or trainers and a T Shirt.
- In terms 3 and 4 on a Tuesday your child will walk to swimming.
- They will need: costume, towel, goggles, snack and a coat if the weather is poor.
To see more about the Kestrels class, take a look at the Kestrels blog page which is updated with information about the children's learning regularly.
Every term we create a knowledge organiser that contains the key information that we need to learn in our science and humanities topic. This term our topic is called The Romans are Coming! Please see below for the knowledge organiser for this topic.