Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our school motto is as simple as ABC; to be 'aspiring' for everyone, 'belonging' to our community and to always be 'creative' in everything we do, and our school really lives up to that challenge.
- We want your children to achieve the highest possible academic, social, creative and physical standards and best progress by enabling your child to shine, be the best that they can be.
- Through our 'Uplands' Learning Powers, we encourage perseverance, curiosity, teamwork, aspiration and reflection for those life-long learning skills your child will need in their future.
- At Uplands, we ensure that your child comes to learn in an inclusive, happy and safe learning environment where they are cared for and encouraged to do their best, whatever their abilities and needs.
- Exploring your child's creativity and developing the children's artistic curriculum is a focus for us in school, reflecting the spirit and creative strengths within Uplands as a community.
- We make sure that teaching is amazing, constantly striving to improve all the staff to be brilliant at helping children learn.
- We make sure that this creative learning environment enable children to grow with a sense of pride in themselves, their school and wonder of the world.
- We are partners with your child and firmly believe that by working together, a climate of mutual respect and a shared passion for learning exists, guaranteeing that teaching and learning are the best that they can be for your child.
Essentially, Uplands is a great school that opens a doorway onto the world, helping your child become a global citizen ready for the challenges of the 21st century. We firmly believe that Uplands is the right school for you and your child, where they will learn, grow and flourish.