Welcome to Kestrels!
Teacher – Miss Dempster/Miss Francis
TA – Miss Anker (Monday- Wednesday)
TA – Mrs Price (Thursday – Friday)
In Kestrels class we encourage independence, creativity and confidence. Our aim is to inspire children to be the best they can be whilst learning and having fun. Please feel free to come and speak to us if you have any questions or queries.
Homework and spellings:
- Spellings are tested on Monday and new spellings are given out for the following week.
- Homework is given out at the start of the term and is due weekly every Friday. All homework is based around our current topic and encourages creativity and independence.
- Children are expected to read out loud 4 times in a week. This must be signed in their reading diaries by an adult or older sibling.
- It is your child’s responsibility to take their diary to and from school.
- Diaries are checked on a Monday.
- If they do not have 4 times written in their diary then they will lose 5 - 10 minutes of break time on a Monday reading their book inside.
- Every Thursday your child will have PE.
- They will need: shorts or joggers, daps or trainers and a T Shirt.
- In terms 3 and 4 on a Tuesday your child will walk to swimming.
- They will need: costume, towel, goggles, snack and a coat if the weather is poor.
To see more about the Kestrels class, take a look at the Kestrels blog page which is updated with information about the children's learning regularly.